BACKGROUND - WITKRANS COTTAGE
Witkrans self catering cottage is set on 35 hectares of pristine fynbos with at least 180 indigenous plant species including many protea's, erica's, iris's and geranium. The farm is also home to a wide variety of birds including Knysna woodpecker, Cape sugarbird and Orange breasted sun bird. Click here to download our bird list of birds found in the area on Witkrans and surrounding area..
There are two dams stocked with fish which are also great for swimming. There is a natural stream running along the bottom of the property which is included in a gentle, circular walking trail. Easy hiking trail on the farm as well as part of the new slackpacking hiking trail, The Fynbos Trail which our guests are welcome to walk sections of.
We also form part of the new MTB Slackpacking trail, Cycle Down South.
The property is well located for easy access to neighbouring Flower Valley and Platbos as well as being just 15 minutes from beautiful beaches at Franskraal and Stanfords Cove in De Kelders. Only 15 minutes drive into Gansbaai or Stanford.
For more pictures on each cottage, click here
Buchu Cottage, the smaller of the two and sleeps four. The main room has a double bed and has its own small balcony leading out of double doors and looking out towards the Witkrans Mountains. There is another room with two single beds in it. Shared bathroom with a shower. Small indoor fireplace for the cold evenings. Outside covered stoep with braai area.
The cottage is privately located and leads out into a indigenous fynbos garden with a lawn area and mountain views. There is also a private path leading directly to the swimming dam above the cottage with boats for your use.
RATE: R700/night and R900/high season
CONE BUSH COTTAGE:
This cottage sleeps 6 people with 3 twin bed rooms. Open plan lounge kitchen with large consintina doors that open onto a covered stoep with braai area and looking out towards the Flower Valley mountains. The main bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with shower and toilet and the other two rooms share a bathroom with a shower and toilet. Closed indoor fireplace for cold evenings. Open plan living area with fully equipped kitchen.
Private path leading directly to the swimming dam above the cottage with boats for your use.
Rate: R900/night and R1015/night in high season for the cottage
This cottage is a charming renovated Strandveld Cottage situated on Windheuvel Farm. This cottage is managed by Witkrans and is located as our direct neighbour. It looks across Flower Valley with magnificent views of Witkransberg and Swartkransberg. This quaint cottage provides a peaceful retreat in the heart of Flower Valley. Enjoy walks on neighbouring Witkrans Farm and the peace and natural beauty of this valley. This cottage has two bedrooms (one with a double bed and the other with two single beds), a large stoep and is fully equipped for 4 guests.
This cottage is R800/night (R900/night for high season)
All the cottages are fully equipped as well as all bedding and bath towels are included.
R700 a night for 4 people for Buchu Cottage
R800 a night for 4 people in Windheuvel Cottage
R900 a night for 6 people for Cone Bush Cottage
50% deposit is required on confirmation of booking
No pet policy
Two night minimum stay over weekends
31 Days or more – 25% of Total Fare
22 – 30 Days - 50% of Total Fare
15 – 21 Days - 75% of Total Fare
0 – 14 Days - 100% of Total Fare
ACTIVITIES & PLACES TO VISIT
- Platbos: Forest Walks, Bird watching and beautiful indigenous trees
- Baardskeerdersbos: Quaint Overberg Village, well renowned for local artists
- Quad biking with Quad Explore on a unique fynbos quad trail with views over Gansbaai and Walker Bay
- Bread Making workshops with artist Niel Jonker
- Horse Riding with African Horse Company
- Land-based Whale Watching: From July to December the Southern Right Whales return to our shores each year to breed. The rocky outcrops of the De Kelders coastline offer perfect vantage points for observing the whales who are sometimes just metres away. Enjoy a coffee and treats at Coffee on the Rocks overlooking the Walker Bay.
- Boat-based Whale Watching with Dyer Island Cruises
- Play putt-putt and have a ride down the super tube at Uilkraals Mond
- Last Friday of the month, enjoy a fresh country market on the Stanford green.
- Kayaking and Drupkelder Tours at De Kelders
- Shark Cage Diving with Marine Dynamics
- Klein Rivier Cheese
- African Queen Cruises in Stanford
- Long white beaches and rock pools
- Klipgat Cave at Die Plaat Nature Reserve
- Enjoy an outing to Elim, a quaint Moravian mission station and village
- Enjoy a drive across the Agulhas plain to visit the Southern most tip of Africa at Cape Agulhas and return via Bredasdorp where you can visit the Ship wreck museum and Kapula Candle Factory shop